French Lyon Tang is a boutique, Walnut Creek law firm that represents national and local clients in commercial business/tort litigation defense, enforcement of creditor’s remedies, insurance coverage litigation, commercial loan negotiation and restructure, insolvency (bankruptcy), real estate transactions, and lender liability defense.
The Firm emphasizes client care, quality results, and cost efficiency. The attorneys and staff utilize the latest in computer technology for legal research, word processing, data transmission, timekeeping, and billing.
The Firm’s philosophy is to focus on practical solutions to resolve client matters timely and economically. Whenever possible, litigators utilize alternative dispute resolution techniques to achieve client goals without trial.
The Firm’s attorneys are experienced in handling matters in both state and federal courts, and in mediation, arbitration and appeals with an emphasis in the following areas:
Banking and Financial Institutions
The Firm is experienced in all aspects of commercial and consumer finance, from loan documentation to state court actions to enforce the rights and remedies provided by such documentation and the law, including state and federal court enforcement actions and bankruptcy. In addition, the Firm has handled a variety of bank operations matters including forgery, fraudulent electronic funds transfer claims, and ACH transaction disputes, as well as providing for the defense of forfeiture, lender liability, and unfair business practices claims.
The Firm’s Commercial Banking practice includes:
- Commercial and Consumer Loan Documentation
- Defense of Lender Liability, Unfair Business Practices and Forfeiture Actions
- Forgery, Fraud, and unauthorized Electronic Funds Transfers
- Judicial and Non-Judicial Foreclosure
- Portfolio Acquisition and Sales
- Protection of Creditors’ Rights in Bankruptcy Proceeding
- Receiverships in State and Federal Court
- SBA Lending and Enforcement
- Workout, Restructure and Forbearance Agreements
- Writs of Attachment and Writs of Possession
The Firm represents individual and corporate clients on matters related to entity formations, business practices, mergers, acquisitions, contracts, negotiations, and commercial and residential real estate loan restructures.
The Firm’s Corporate/Business Law practice includes:
- Corporate Formation / Entity selection
- Corporate Transactions
- Employment Issues
- Intellectual Property Licenses
- Lease Negotiations
The Firm’s attorneys are adept at prosecuting and defending general commercial litigation matters throughout California. Attorneys represent local and national real estate developers, restaurant enterprises, and other businesses enterprises. Particular areas of expertise include cases involving commercial fraud and other business torts, lease disputes, insurance coverage, general business litigation, and construction defects. Whenever possible, litigators utilize alternative dispute resolution techniques to achieve client goals without trial.
The Firm’s Commercial Litigation practice includes:
- Commercial Fraud other Business Torts
- Commercial Lease Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Construction Defects Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
The Firm has experience with advising condominium and PUD Owner’s Associations on organizational, management and operations matters, commercial landlord/tenant disputes, foreclosures, real estate title disputes, boundary and easement issues, sale and purchase contracts (residential and commercial), negotiating and drafting leases, and negotiating restructures of performing and non-performing real estate loans, asset (portfolio and individual) acquisition and disposition, loan refinancing.
The Firm’s Real Estate practice includes:
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition
- Boundary and Easement Issues
- Condominium and PUD HOA
- Commercial Landlord / Tenant Disputes
- Commercial Lease Negotiation and Drafting
- Commercial Loan Refinancing and Workout
- Sale and Purchase Contracts
- Portfolio Acquisition and Sales
- Workout and Restructure
- Commercial Real Estate Loans